David lives with his wife, Francesca, in Jacksonville, Oregon. He has been affiliated with the Slavik Law Firm, LLC, since 2018, and began serving Of Counsel to the firm beginning in 2020. David joined the firm full-time in August of 2022. David has been a licensed lawyer since 1986. Over the years he has handled product liability, medical malpractice, medical device, pharmaceutical, and general negligence cases. David is licensed to practice law in Texas, and in the Texas Northern and Eastern Federal District Courts and has been admitted pro hac vice in a number of cases around the country. David worked as an associate with the Law Offices of Vic Terry, P.C., in Dallas, Texas, from 1987-2000, and as a partner with Terry & Terry, P.C., from 2000-2003. David attended the Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming, in 2002, where he studied with numerous trial lawyers, including Gerry Spence, Milton Grimes, Dax Cowart, Joe Fried, and others.
Though now practicing full-time handling primarily auto product liability cases, David spent much of the past 20 years as a professional fine artist specializing in portraits.
Areas of Practice:
- Motor Vehicles Products Liability,
- All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV), Recreational Off-highway Vehicles (ROV) and Utility Task Vehicles (UTV)
- Bicycle Defects
- Vehicle Tires
- Construction equipment
- Mass Torts related to motor vehicle issues, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and toxic exposure
- Pharmaceutical liability, including product defect, mis-filled prescriptions, and mislabeling
- Medical Device and Implant Product Liability
- Toxic Torts